My experience as a visual artist spans over a decade and includes experience in a wide-range of accounts from architecture, agency, product, retail to fashion, technology, transportation and sports. I am a strategic, divergent thinker inspired by design thinking, innovation, user experience and technology. Storytelling, branding and customer-centric strategic creative solutions are at the forefront of my design ethos.
- Ability to work independently/collaborate with others
- Account management
- Advanced file management/digital library creation
- Advanced image manipulation, masking, color correction & restoration
- Advanced photography/post editing
- Advanced print management, preflight, color profiling, press checks, icc profiling, monitor calibration
- Art Direction
- Entrepreneur mindset
- Effective in meeting deadlines/budgets while remaining flexible with changing needs/demand
- Employee/Intern management
- Managing/developing projects from conception to completion
- Marketing campaign development/management; print, social, web
- New technology/music geek
- Proficient using Adobe CC 2014, PowerPoint, Keynote, MS Office
- Project management of small to large projects, gnatt/work back charts
- Strong conceptual creative skills,vendor/client relations, business sense
- Strategical planner and thinker
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment -worked in many start-ups
- Windows, Mac, Chrome platforms
- WordPress, HTML and Front-end web development/FTP server/control adminPlease enquirer for examples of projects where skill-set was utilized
Fierce Inc. Seattle, WA
- Duties include; Design management and development for a team of 35 multifaceted industry leaders,
innovators and game-changers. Art direction, advertising, brand management, design management, website management, social media management, conceptual design, campaign development,
photography and lead design of all company advertising and marketing materials internally/externally
for trade show, print, social and web. Lead creation and development of all executive and keynote presentations.
- Managed team of off-site/on-site freelance visual designers, copywriters, videographers, developers
Senior Visual Designer
BDA Merchandise Agency, Seattle, WA
- Duties include; Corporate branding, executive keynote and global presentation design, lead design
for new business department, studio design for fortune 500 accounts, develop and implementation
of global marketing design projects.
- Highlights; Designed and developed a digital interactive platform for global pitch teams. Concepted, pitched and managed corporate brand clean up and update/creation of company-wide marketing, design and advertising on global scale.
Los Angeles/San Francisco, CA / Portland, OR, Seattle, WA
- Duties include; Various contracts as a graphic web/designer, marketing manager, presentation designer, design/project manager and illustrator in a range of industries. Including; start-ups, ad and
web/interactive development agencies, entertainment and consumer products for short/long term projects.
- Created and managed small boutique design consultancy that specialized in industries such as; Interior design, non-profit, architecture, product, retail, fashion, music, technology, transportation, sports, IT, startups, entertainment, food, medical and fitness. Clients included Sony, Ford, Kontera, Method, The Creative Group, Solitude Creative Agency, DS – IQ, Climos, Righteous Rebel Records, Cadillac, Jumbo Shrimp Advertising, and Tether Design Inc.
- Managed team of off-site/on-site freelance visual designers, copywriters, photographers,
accountants and developers.
- Highlights; Created and operated boutique design studio in San Francisco and Portland. Oversaw all day-to-day operations, managed studio space, client interaction, development and art direction.
Dilusso Homes, Portland, OR
- Duties include; Design and ground-up development of company brand, marketing management, brand management. Art direction of all marketing, advertising, social, web, print, radio, tv and campaigns.
- Managed team of off-site/on-site freelance copywriters, videographers, developers and photographers.
- Highlights; Marketing activities resulted in an asset increase of 1.5M/month. Developed company cloud based communications system to increase productivity and communication by 60%.
DWA Trade-show, Portland, OR
- Duties include; Management of printing department, graphic design, sign production, large format
printing, trade-show presentation design, vinyl lettering, press repair and maintenance.
- Highlights; Concepted and pitched company growth strategy which included creation of marketing
department, graphic design services and development of social media channels to increase revenue by +10%
Avila Design Architecture, Berkeley, CA
- Duties include; Management of creative department, large format presentation development, architectural illustration, art direction of 3D projects, marketing management, website management, internal/external communications, presentation design, hiring and managing interns and creative staff members.
- Highlights: Concepted and managed company wide re-branding and creative service offerings.
Senior Graphic Designer
Northwest Natural Products, Vancouver, WA
- Duties include; Developed and managed print, packaging and digital art/illustrations for Vitafusion
and the #1 best selling international consumer children’s gummy vitamin brand “L’il Critters Gummy Vites.”
Senior Graphic Designer
San Francisco Chocolate Factory, San Francisco, CA
- Duties include: Brand management, packaging, graphic design and marketing for 15 product lines, management of custom packaging department, product photography, dieline design, overseas packaging management and web development.
Senior Visual Designer
KTGY Architectural Design and Planning Firm, Irvine/Santa Monica, CA
- Duties include; Management of creative department, brand management, trade-show graphics,
environmental design management, photography, presentation design management, prototype
development and architectural illustration on international accounts ranging from $2-30M.
- Managed team of visual designers, illustrators and photographers.
- Highlights; Co-created a 30 person company wide graphic design committee and environmental graphic design studio. Hired on as an assistant to the designer and within 8 months promoted to manager of creative department for the companies new Los Angeles retail design studio.
Cricket Gear Apparel / Amore Fashions, Orange County, CA
- Duties include; Management of relationships with local and international vendors, worked directly with clothing manufacturers, fabricators and silk screening of various clothing lines.
- Highlights; Co-founded young, urban apparel company. Created and directed marketing, photography,
project management and branding for 5 clothing lines ranging in styles from skateboarding to evening wear.
Laguna Print, Laguna Beach, CA
- Duties include: Typesetting letterheads, business cards, invitations, brochures, flyers, advertisements.
Setting up print plates, working with offset press, digital image ripping, laser printing and copying, blueprinting.
Contract Designer – Production/Layout Designer
Mariner Art and Design, Newport Beach, CA
- Duties include: Design of catalogs, print advertisement, package design and branding.
- Clients included: Taco Bell, Mountain Dew and 70% of all Southern California Universities.
- Highlight: Refreshed the company’s file management system and increased productivity by 15% on average which helped increase profits within the first 3 months of implementation.
overnightprints.com, Santa Ana, CA
- Duties include: Working with team of graphic designer’s on pre-press and quality control for newly established consumer print service.
- Highlight: Chosen to build the first company creative advertising campaign to promote services based on preliminary concepts presented to owner.
Echo Productions, St. Paul, MN
- Duties include; Management of creative department which included photography, web/multimedia, and graphic design
for regional recording artists.
- Highlight: Created a full-service visual arts studio for an established Hip-Hop, R&B, Metal, Rock and
Electronic music recording label. Produced branding for artist that went on to be signed by Sony and Jam Records.
AA Graphic Design, Art Institutes International Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
BA Design Management, Art Institutes Portland/Seattle, 2010 – 2013
Completed 135 credits GPA 3.8
Honors & Awards:
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars – 3.8 GPA
NAPP (National association of Photoshop Professionals