This year I decided to get a lil crafty with my gift giving.
The first piece was created using wood from my old flower beds back in Portland and mounting photos in a triptych style.
The process entailed:
- Cut and sanding the boards in 2 different lengths
- 1 coat primer
- 2 coats white latex paint
- Printed photos and spray mounted onto boards
(In the end I had to use an extremely sticky tact glue because the backing of the photo paper isn’t porous to take spray mount)
- Hand painted the edges to give a rough edged look
- 2 coats semi-gloss lacquer over the boards and photos to lock in paint and give the photos a worn look and some texture
- Hanging mounts screwed into backs of each panel
This piece was a bit more time intensive.
- Each piece is a gallery wrapped canvas 4″ x 5″ with a 1/2″ depth.
- Painted with black paint
- Letters were printed on photo paper, hand cut out and glued onto canvas then hand painted
- 2 coats of lacquer
Each panel started by printing out the letters, hand cutting them out and gluing to each panel
These were so friken fun to make these. The best part of it was giving the gift and seeing the reaction It made it all worth the time put into making these.