Communication is vital in all aspects of life. It comes in many shapes/sizes, joins us in unison or divide, allows us to express ourselves in many ways and is integral to our existence. Some communicate in words while other communicate with sounds. I communicate with visuals. Hello, my name is Nicholas Nelson, a passionate visual artist for over 17 years.
My career has been built around transforming thoughts and ideas into strong, visually coherent, compelling messaging. Honing this skill has taught me to be a great listener attuned to detail in highly collaborative fast paced environments. I take a strategic, divergent approach to my creative methodologies which fuels my passion for research, design and strategy. This lends itself to understanding clients needs across a range of channels and industries.
At the core I am an inherently curious problem solver and seeker of challenges which drive my passionate approach to design and creativity. With 17 years of experience in the industry creating strategic visual solutions in digital, print and marketing I have been molded into a T shaped designer. My background reflects a range of corporate in-house design, agency, production, contractor, freelance, entrepreneur, boutique studio owner and consultant.
I’m always striving to exceed mediocrity and reach as high as I can. I’m not one to sit back and watch the wheels go round and round. I want to be in the trenches, get dirty and make cool stuff along the way. I pride myself on always learning, listening and growing while having fun at every step. My hope is that I can help make the world a better place with visually inspiring solutions to challenges faced in business and life.
Open to opportunities.
• Ability to work independently/collaborate with others
• Account management
• Advanced file management/digital library creation
• Advanced image manipulation, masking, color correction & restoration
• Advanced photography/post editing
• Advanced print management, preflight, color profiling, press checks, icc profiling, monitor calibration
• Art Direction
• Entrepreneur mindset – Started 4 companies (fashion, design/marketing, printing, childcare, publishing)
• Effective in meeting deadlines/budgets while remaining flexible with changing needs/demand
• Employee/Intern management
• Managing/developing projects from conception to completion
• Marketing campaign development/management; print, social, web
• New technology/music geek
• Proficient using Adobe CC 2014; PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver, AfterEffects, Premier, PowerPoint, Keynote, MS Office
• Project management of small to large projects, gnatt/work back charts
• Strong conceptual creative skills, vendor/client relations, business sense
• Strategical planner and thinker
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment -worked in many start-ups
• Windows, Mac, Chrome platforms
• WordPress, HTML and Front-end web development/FTP server/control admin